Above and Beyond Surrogacy is an exclusive concierge-style agency that gives individualized attention to prospective parents and surrogates. We believe in keeping administrative costs affordable for intended parents, with no surprises, while providing an exemplary service with a personal touch. We work with diverse clients including LGBT, straight couples and single parents. As founder and creator of Above and Beyond I, Leslie Bottesch will work closely with every family. You will receive my full attention, coupled with warm and caring professionals that prioritize you.
When you choose to complete your family with a surrogate, you may be feeling scared, unsure of what to expect. There is an overwhelming amount of information to decipher and decisions to be made. Our goal is to take away the fear of the unknown. Above and Beyond Surrogacy thoroughly screens our surrogates, medically and psychologically. We look to work with financially stable women that wish to help others. Let us walk you through each step of your journey providing you with expertise, comfort and communication. We will give you the attention you deserve and make your experience a beautiful and meaningful one.
Agency Retainer Fee – Gestational Surrogate (non-refundable) $17,450
- Presentation of surrogate profiles
- Act as 3rd party liaison with Intended Parents and Surrogate Mother
- Schedule psychological and medical evaluations
- Assist with all necessary travel arrangements for surrogate mother
- Criminal background check on surrogate and partner/spouse
- Arrange for legal representation for the surrogate mother
- Provide legal, medical, and professional referrals to the Intended Parents if requested
- Maintain escrow account for initial expenses until a bonded & insured escrow agent is established
- Negotiate medical expenses for Ob/Gyn and hospital if there is no private insurance coverage for the surrogate mother
- One-time verification of private insurance policy through an insurance agent (If applicable)
- If surrogate is not cleared psychologically and/or medically, rematch at no cost
- Valid for up to 3 transfer attempts with the same surrogate mother
- Arrange for a $250,000 life insurance policy for the surrogate mother
Initial Escrow Deposit for Surrogate Expenses** $3,000
Total Amount Due For Activation of Services $20,450
**Additional funds may be requested
Financial Considerations For A Surrogacy Cycle
|Surrogacy Cycle Fee||$17,450|
|Base Compensation for Your Surrogate – (based on experience)||$28,000 – $45,000|
|Additional Surrogate Mother Compensation based on event||$4,000 – $20,000|
|Psychological screening of surrogate and spouse/partner
||$500 – $1,500|
|Escrow agent services||$1,500 – $2,000|
|Attorney fees-Surrogate’s representation for review of contract||$1,000 – $1,500|
|Attorney fees-Drafting of contract and pleadings||$5,500 – $7, 500|
|Travel Expenses for initial consultation with clinic and transfer
||$1,000 – $4,000|
Additional Surrogate Costs
|Psychological screening of surrogate and spouse/partner. Includes joint evaluation and scored personality test of surrogate||$500 – $1,500|
|Escrow agent services|
|Attorney fees-Surrogate’s representation for review of contract||$1,500 – $2,000|
|Attorney fees-Drafting of contract and pleadings||$1,000 – $2,500|
|IVF Clinic fee||$6,500 – $9,500|
|Medical screening fee||$3,000 – $5,000|
|Local monitoring for surrogate||Varies per clinic|
|Travel Expenses for initial consultation with clinic and transfer||Varies per clinic|
|Airfare for surrogate and companion (for transfer)
||Varies per clinic|
|Insurance premium if surrogate has private insurance coverage for surrogacy||$800 – $4,500|
Cash Pay for prenatal care if surrogate does not have insurance coverage*
For multiple pregnancy, a high-risk doctor will be required
Additional requested testing and lab work will be billed separately
|$300 – $500|
|CVS (Chronic Villus Sampling) – week 8-10||$3,000 – $12,000|
|Nuchal Translucency (NT Scan) – week 9-12||Varies|
|Amniocentesis – week 14-16||$1,500 – $3,000|
|Gestational Diabetes – week 22-26||$500 – $1,000|
|Cash Pay for hospital labor and delivery of singleton if there is no insurance||$1,500 – $3,000|
|Charges will vary based on type of delivery
Additional charges will apply for baby care
Fees will be higher for multiple delivery
$6,000 – $18,000
Intended Parents shall compensate Surrogate for lost wages only for:
the matching process (max 2 days); the embryo transfer; medical appointments as required by the IVF Physician/Obstetrician or
requested by Intended Parents; restriction of activities/bed rest in accordance with doctor order
Egg Donation ▼
What We Do
- Help you to find your perfect match.
- Act as a third party communicator between you and your chosen egg donor
- Refer you to reputable fertility specialists and reproductive attorneys, if requested
- Work with your egg donor to schedule medical and psychological evaluations, understand financial considerations, and complete legal contracts.
- Provide you and your egg donor with accidental health insurance that will cover any unexpected medical complication caused by the egg donation cycle.
- Manage your donor escrow account and provide you with an expense report to view charges and payments
- Act as liaisons between you and your selected egg donor in order to give you the best experience with the least amount of stress.
Financial Considerations For An Egg Donation Cycle
|Egg Donation Cycle Fee||$6,400|
|Compensation for Your Egg Donor – (based on experience)||$7,000 +|
|Psychological Evaluation- Egg Donor||$300-500|
|Legal Fees||$1,000 – $1,800|
|Travel for Evaluation & Retrieval||$800 – $4,500|
Intended Parent FAQs
WILL ABOVE AND BEYOND SURROGACY WORK WITH SAME-SEX COUPLES? ▼
Absolutely. Please contact Above and Beyond Surrogacy to discuss the significance of what state your surrogate should deliver in and how to plan for parentage determinations.
WILL ABOVE AND BEYOND SURROGACY WORK WITH A SINGLE INTENDED PARENT? ▼
WILL THE SURROGATE’S HEALTH INSURANCE COVER THE PREGNANCY? ▼
Maybe. Some health insurance policies will cover a surrogate pregnancy, some exclude it, and some do not address the question. Above and Beyond Surrogacy conducts a review of our surrogate’s health insurance policy as part of the screening process and can advise you on how we expect her current insurance will treat a surrogate pregnancy before offering a potential match. If you proceed with a surrogate whose health insurance will not cover the pregnancy, we will help you obtain the additional coverage she needs.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT DOES ABOVE AND BEYOND SURROGACY OFFER TO THEIR INTENDED PARENTS? ▼
Above and Beyond Surrogacy understands that embarking on a surrogacy journey is emotional and complex. We are fully available to you throughout the process of building your family—from the search for a surrogate to the mutual matching process to the embryo transfer cycle and the delivery. Our priority is making your path to parenthood as easy and comfortable as we possibly can.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT DOES ABOVE AND BEYOND SURROGACY OFFER TO THEIR SURROGATES? ▼
At Above and Beyond Surrogacy, we make ourselves completely available to our surrogates from the first contact through delivery and completion of the surrogacy relationship. Above and Beyond Surrogacy knows that surrogates make an incredible commitment to help build families, and our goal is to make the surrogacy process as seamless, enjoyable and gratifying as possible.